The last couple of weeks have been crazy. I have basically been running the office. It is an exciting feeling to know that I am capable of running a business and it is also awesome to know that I am doing a good job. Always a good feeling signing up two management agreements and three lease agreements in one week! Not only does that mean business for the company, but bonuses for myself. This week will be crazy as well with my boss gone for two days and then also planning a company dinner. I am excited.
I am hoping to start helping with YFF. We are going to try and meet this week to start making accounts. I am excited to gain experience. Laren has had experience in bookkeeping and I am excited to learn. This is an incredible opportunity and I have a lot to learn.
Brandon has been busy with his new climbing project in Pine Valley. He has been putting up new routes, cutting trail, and exploring. I have been up there twice and it is beautiful. Not only are their amazing climbs, but the area is fantastic. The river runs at the bottom of the valley, there are trees and flowers and bushes everywhere. Plenty of wildlife as well, including nasty snakes. I finally saw a little rattle snake the other week. So far none of them have been aggressive. Thankfully.
For the fourth Brandon and went to Arizona and I was able to meet his family. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting each of them and visiting with them. It was super hot, but I went shopping, visited the temple, saw Transformers 3, and just had a good time. It was also great to spend time with Brandon.
We will be going back to Arizona at the end of the month. I am honestly excited to get away. I am also excited that Brandon's family seem just as excited that I am coming with him again. This weekend we are going to be in SLC for a friends reception (side note it is definitely wedding season. It seems there is a wedding or two every week). To top this busy month off school starts soon as well. All sorts of interesting twists and turns.
I did have the wonderful opportunity to visit with a friend over lunch. Larinda worked as my mom's assistant at the college years ago. She knew me while I was a kid in grade school. She hasn't changed at all. Still has her beautiful red hair and flawless skin. I have always admired Larinda. Over salad and pasta I was able to here crumbs of her past for the last seven years and added my own few experiences. It was great. She invited Brandon and I to come and visit her in Colorado. When I told Brandon he seemed excited because not to far away from her home is a national ice climbing festival he would love to attend. With all of that aside Larinda told me of a job I did not know existed. I was telling her a little of my frustration on what I wanted to be when I finally decided to grow up. I told her what I enjoyed doing, what I did well, and what would be meaningful to me. She told me of the occupation as an efficiency specialist. Yeah sounds weird but once she explained to me what they did I became excited. I finally felt like I might have found my niche. I plan on doing some more research, when I have more information I will be sure to do a post. It was great to see Larinda and enjoyed myself in just the short time I saw her.
Life seems to go by so quickly. You know in movies when they want to represent a lot of time passing and it seems like years go by in second, it seems my life the past three months have been that way. I sometime wish we had a pause button, even a rewind button, but we do not. I have learned a lot the past several months. I learned and grown a lot. It has been full of personal growth and learning. Some of these experiences are stressful and even painful, but I am starting to see the beauty that comes from the pressure and polishing. I am constantly reminded that we are all gems, but to become the beautiful flawless stones we have to endure hardship and trials. We begin to take shape and through the Savior we become flawless and amazing.
Overall life is beautiful. There is so much to enjoy and to be thankful for. I am still excited for the months and years ahead. I have so much of life to experience and to live and many wonderful people to share it with! Well I think I shall conclude my ramblings.
No comments:
Post a Comment