Ray of Bright

Monday, February 6, 2012

Winter Madness

Just as the title says it has a been crazy the past few months. I wish I had pictures....but I'm a horrible documenting my life's experiences (that was always my mom's job) and I need to start taking more pictures. First to begin with Brandon and I did indeed go snowboarding on January 24th. I had so much fun! It had snowed Saturday and Monday (the day before we went) so to snowboard professionals it was "the prefect day!" To top it off there was hardly anyone on the slopes!

 I can successfully get down the hill on my back edge without falling. Brandon had me practice going on my front edge. I was getting better. My fried TJ Morrison decided to join us, and I am so thankful he did. He was my companion on Blackfoot while everyone else did the bigger and steeper slopes.
 I did go on Roulette (see the picture of the routes below) the very last run, which is (according to Brandon about 100 feet or so shorter than Giant Steps) a bigger steeper slope then what I had been going on.


When Brandon asked me he pointed to some people coming through the trees that were maybe a hundred feet higher than the top of Blackfoot....so of course I said yes. But then I slowly began to realize.....Oh crap! This lift keeps going.....and going. So at that point I was completely nervous and slightly terrified. We were approaching the unloading area and Brandon tells me "Okay this one is different, its shorter and it icier."
 I'm thinking "Great! Anything else you did tell me!?!??," but all I say "You are going to help me right? So I don't fall on my face?"
He tells me "Of course."
With that assurance I look forward to getting off the lift, and sure enough I do not face plant it! Instead my feet go over my head in what TJ called the scorpion....yeah I totally biffed it off the lift. I was so embarassed! I had yet to fall getting off and I totally wiped out. And they had to stop the lift for me. Then as I was scrambling to get up I fell again, the lift guy asked if I was okay....all I could do is giggle and say yes. All I really wanted to do was find a hole and hide inside. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed myself.


 On January 28th Brandon and I took Chris, Ryan, Kyle and Kaylee climbing. Brandon was so adorable with the kids, it reminded me why I fell in love with him. I also spent an evening with my "little." We made homemade valentines, ate spaghetti, and watch A Dolphin Tale (splendid movie by the way).

The valentine I made Brandon and gave to him. I asked him to be mine for Valentines Day :)

All in all it has been really a wonderful last few weeks. They went by way too fast though! Work is constantly busy. I thought that it would slow down a little and that we'd be able to do some projects, so far I have been wrong. To top it off Tom and Misty will be gone for almost a week to a conference, which with leave yours truly here to run the office. I'm grateful for a job though. I am actually enjoying work and glad that I decided to stay. We have continued to go to the Jones' every Sunday for the lesson portion of FHE. I look forward to each Sunday afternoon. I love each person in that family dearly. They have taken me into their home and accepting me without hesitation. They have also welcomed Brandon with open arms as well. Speaking of Jones' I met another Brandon Saturday night. I couldn't believe that their was another individual with that name! It brought back a lot of memories, made me miss my friend a little more. Well that is all for now. I'm looking forward to writing more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment