Well folks I have successfully been married for a year. We made it!!! Friday Brandon and I celebrated our very first anniversary. We didn't do anything huge or amazing, but it was simple, together, and wonderful. I will admit I was a little grouchy and negative during the day because I wanted something bigger, better, somewhere else, but in the end I enjoyed every second of our night and day together. We both worked Friday, but once we were off we packed an overnight bag and headed to Springdale. For our open house we received a night at the Cliffrose Lodge and an gift card to Oscars, we decided this would be the perfect opportunity to use them. Springdale was busy! It was wonderful to arrive and to see all the "No Vacancy" signs and lines at the restaurants. We weren't sure how busy it was going to be because of the recent shut down, but it seemed that everyone else was just as excited as we were about getting out while Zion was open. We checked into our hotel (they had mini cookies from the Sugar Cookie.....I was in heaven and had three of them) and then went to dinner. Neither of us had ever eaten at Oscars and it was fun to trying something new and different. Brandon had ribs and I had an enchilada......the servings were huge! After dinner Brandon had to stop at Blondie's and get a slice of pie for dessert. We then enjoyed the rest of the evening in our room. Brandon did surprise me with a very thoughtful gift. He had done some research on anniversary gifts and found that the historical 1st anniversary gift was paper and the modern was a clock. So he purchased me a book (paper and I love reading) and a watch (I've been looking at a few watches the past little while). I was both surprised and touched at the time and effort he put into both items. The watch says "be happy, be you," something Brandon stresses to me often. Brandon's gift from me was a annual national parks pass, he usually gets one for his birthday, but the government decided to shut down that day so I improvised. Anyway Saturday we had breakfast at Mimi's Cafe and decided to do the Emerald Pools hike. I have never hiked up to the top pool so it was a fun experience and I enjoyed every minute of it. The weather was beautiful, we met friendly happy people along the way, and it was perfect! We returned home late that afternoon and enjoyed the rest of the weekend doing the normal weekend routine (aka laundry, cleaning, grocery shopping).
Other than that our lives have been pretty normal. We did go on an overnight camping trip with Cody and Carina to a place called Kodachrome Basin (it is east of Bryce Canyon) and a blast with them. We also celebrated Brandon's thirty something birthday :). I've included some pictures. Sorry this post is so short, I just don't have a whole lot to report. Enjoy the snapshots of our life!
Dinner at Oscars
There is a slot canyon that repels off part of this wall.....over towards the right. I want to do this canyon....there is a free fall repel into the top emerald pool. It looks epic.
If you look closely you can see the head of a snake....yes I saw it and didn't freak out! He was just chilling there until two Asian boys came running up the trail banging their light sabers.
My thoughtful amazing gifts from Brandon.
Water falling from the second pool to the third
I love Zion, I am constantly awed and amazed at the beauty of the sandstone cliffs. One of my favorite places.
Part of Brandon's birthday celebration. I tied all of his favorite candies to the balloons. I was going to do it for our anniversary with candy and reasons why I love him, but I had to improvise something for his birthday.
Kodachrome Basin
Very cute! Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDelete