The past few months I have slowly been getting
busier and busier at work, and then the last two weeks…BAM! I've been super busy
every single day, and I love it! I recently received more responsibility within the company. I will now be over all our new families, both domestic and international. I handle all the intake calls and inquiries and I manage their case until they are matched with a birth mom. Once they are matched, the domestic families, are then transferred to Isabel and she handles their case from there on out. It’s really exciting to be more involved and to get more experience within the company. Also Premier recently was licensed in Kyrgyzstan which is near China and Kazakhstan. This will be a non-Hague country, so the adoptions are easier, cheaper and families can get younger children without special needs. We have a feeling this program will become very popular. I have so much to learn about this country and the adoption process, but I am super excited for this opportunity. I also get to go to Orlando in June for an adoption conference. I'm so excited! I have never been to Florida and it should be super exciting. I love my job and I am so grateful that I finally found something that I love to do and that makes a difference in the lives of couples and children.
I did really well in my sociology class, I had
a 95.6% in the class. I also did really well on my paper (see pictures at end).
I finally finished the year book for my niece and nephew’s school, hopefully it
turned out okay. I was getting ready to submit it earlier in the day (it was
due at 11:30 that night) and asked our sales rep to take a look at it. Shortly
after I send the email I get a phone call from her, Joan. She asks me why I
didn't use all the pages. I told her I did, that they were all filled out. She
then explained that I if go here and click here that it takes me to more pages.
Needless to say we had completed 32 out of 54 pages! I about had a heart
attack. I took the rest of the afternoon off from work so that Annette and I
could frantically pull together more pages for the year book. This was a little
difficult because we didn't have a whole lot of pictures to work with. In the
end we completed 43 pages……not the entire 54 but hey I thought we did really
well creating 11 pages in about 6 hours. Thankfully that project is done, and I
will never volunteer for yearbook again. I learned my lesson.
Our yard keeps us pretty busy. With the warmer weather and
little rain showers weeds are popping up everywhere! However with the warmer
weather our garden is really starting to flourish! Its super exciting to see
peas starting to grow, the onions and carrots getting taller, and harvesting
our spinach and chard! I love gardens! I also love our chickens. They are so
funny and quirky….they are seriously the best pets ever! I've included some
pictures of our yard for all of you to see.
Brandon and I try to go to the temple once a month. I love
going there, it’s always such an amazing experience. We also go on walks often
and we always walk by the temple sometime during the walk. I recently went to
the Las Vegas temple with Teresa. I really wanted to do a session, but I was on
call for work that weekend and didn't want my phone to be off for too long.
Instead we did endowments, but the spirit was so strong and I loved every
minute of it. I can’t wait to go back and do a session! It was also so much fun
to spend time with Teresa. I took a Friday off of work and spent Friday and
Saturday with Teresa. We spent a lot of time talking and catching up. I was
able to hear about her companions, the families she taught and grew to love. I
was also able to hear about all the amazing experiences that she had. It was so
nice to relax and just visit with each other. We also ate a lot of delicious
food, shopped, and like I said went to the temple. It was a great trip! I can’t
wait to do something similar with you once you return home!
Brandon and I have also agreed to let my niece/half-sister
Lakeisha come and live with us. She wants to take con-current enrollment and AP
classes her junior and senior year of high school. Vernal only offers 3
con-concurrent classes. So we agreed she could come live with us and go to
school. Her goal is to take as many of these classes and then finish her
associates at Dixie after high school. Our new house is about 5 blocks from Dixie
High School, so it’d be perfect for her. It’ll be an adjustment and we will
lose a little of our freedom and privacy, but we couldn't tell her no. In all
honestly I’m a little excited to have a buddy/companion. I’m sure we will drive
each other crazy sometime, but I think our relationship will become better.
Well that's all for now!
.JPG) |
| Tomato plant in our garden. |
.JPG) |
| Picture of the temple on one of our walks. |
.JPG) |
| Top of Leopard Skin....a multi-pitch climb in Snow Canyon. |
 |
| Kittens that were in our yard for a day. Now they are back in the neighbor's shed. We are trying to convince the neighbor to let us place the kittens with families. |
.JPG) |
| My position paper.....I was pretty excited! |
 |
| View of the left side of the back yard. Brandon has really worked hard and make it look amazing. We have recently purchased some chairs and tiki torches. |
.JPG) |
| Blanket made for our newest nephew. Congratulations Jordan and Camille! The back is made out of minky material.....it was such a pain in the butt to work with!!!! But I did it! |
.JPG) |
| Burp cloths....found a super easy and cute pattern. |
.JPG) |
| Another blanket that matches the burp cloths for our nephew. |
.JPG) |
| Hiking with Rex and Cyrstal in Red Cliffs Park. |
.JPG) |
| We bought a freezer and feel very grown up now. Thanks to Chet and Dottie we have fresh beef! |
 |
| Here is a view of our spinach, chard, peas, and green beans. |
.JPG) |
| Here is snap shot of our chickens running to us because they think they are getting something and are spoiled rotten! Also the amazing retaining wall my husband made out of the chunks of concrete in the ugly pile of dirt. |
 |
| Our onions!!! |
.JPG) |
| Brandon bought Frozen for me....for my birthday. :) |
 |
| Our cherry tomato plant. |
No comments:
Post a Comment