Well I must say I have done a horrible job keeping a blog this summer. However I feel like I have a decent excuse. First, Brandon got a summer internship in Draper.....and paid internship I might add. We were both super excited for him. It has been a great opportunity not only for him earn and save money, but also to gain experience which is priceless. Due to him working up North, I did a lot of traveling this summer. I can't remember how many times I went up to Salt Lake City, but it was all worth it. We also made it out to Vernal twice. It did make it a little difficult to save, but I enjoyed the time spent with Brandon, family and friends.
My niece, LaKeisha (no she is not black, she is very white with blond hair and blue eyes), came and stayed with me for two weeks. That was an adventure in and of its self. We picked her up Father's Day weekend. Brandon and I made the trip to Vernal so I could introduce him to a few more family members, including my dad, brother and his entire family, my cousin (whom he met once before), and my Oma Shaw. It was a quick visit but I enjoyed myself. Then the two weeks of being a mother to a teenager began. Lets just say I can wait another 18 years for that to happen. It really wasn't that bad. I was able to take her clothes shopping for school, we ate a few different places, visited some places around town, and I was able to spend some one on one time with her. Which I have never had the opportunity to do, and I am grateful I did.
I then returned my niece and met my brother and his family in SLC and we all went to the Hogle Zoo together. It was hot, but fun. Brandon had to change his shirt because the brace....well it makes it difficult for him to.....air out......yeah that works. They added a new section to the zoo that had otters, sea lions, a polar bear, and a black bear! It was pretty cool. The best part was the giraffes. Have I ever mentioned that I LOVE giraffes. Well in case I have not I LOVE giraffes. I think they are the coolest animals ever. They are tall, graceful, intelligent animals. In fact it is my dream to someday have a pet giraffe that I can ride. Yes go ahead and laugh, everyone else laughs, but I don't care. I'm going to ride a giraffe someday, because I LOVE giraffes! :P So there.
 |
| And here is a picture of the gorgeous giraffe that modeled perfectly for me! |
Also this summer my biological grandfather passed away. It was very unexpected. I had talked to him a few days before on the phone and within 12 hours he was gone. The doctor told my grandma that his heart gave out. I attended the funeral, and I saw a lot of people who knew who I was, but I couldn't remember them. I haven't been to a funeral in several years. It was sad, I cried, but more because I will miss my grandfather not because of the fact that he died. I also cried for my grandmother and my cousins. All of us who loved this man. The ceremony was simple, but very nice. The graveside service was the same. He received his military salute, there was a little thing with doves, and that was really it. I am very grateful for the knowledge we have of life after death. Knowing that I will have the opportunity to see and hug my grandfather again allowed for a lot of comfort. The other hard part was that it brought back memories of loved one already gone. It also made me realize how quickly life comes and goes. It made me want to appreciate both my grandmothers, my parents, my siblings, and family so much more! In all I'm grateful for the small lesson's Heavenly Father teaches me through the experiences in my life.
Now for some odds and ends. Brandon is healing and should get his back brace off soon! We are both looking forward to that day with great anticipation! We are both still in love with each other, and hopefully soon I will have some other news to write about soon.....well there had better be some news soon or I'll be an unhappy camper! I got a second job as a lab assistant at the college. It will be interesting going back to my old job, but a lot has changed. I'll be in a new building, I'll be working with new co-workers, and I'm sure the courses have changed a little since I was last there. I'm excited to start saving more for a....um.....certain event that shall remain unnamed.......and to have something to do with myself while Brandon ignores me due to the mountain of studies and homework he'll have. I found out he is also applying for a job in the same IT department as me, which department my mom is the head of.
I went to Vegas with my friend/ex-roomie Carina and a few of her friends. We went to celebrate Carina's 2.......something birthday :) We stayed at the Stratosphere, went to.....like four malls (felt like 50), walked on the strip, dressed up and looked hot and sexy, and went to the top of the Stratosphere! It was a quick, but fun trip.
 |
| Rice Krispies are Yummy! |
 |
| Carina, me (ex-roomie), and Ashley (new roomie)! |
 |
| I LOVED this picture, so I decided to share. I was the awesome photographer which is why I'm not seen. |
 |
Top of the Stratosphere!
 |
I went bouldering for the first official time ever! And I also completed my first problem! It took me three tries, but I did it. I was very excited. Bouldering is scary to me, which is weird because your not nearly as high as in rock climbing but all well. I have yet to rock climb since last March, but I feel like bouldering was a good baby step. I also loved the girls that I went with Sam Wilden and Annette Graf. I've known Sam since we were in 2nd grade and I've always admired and enjoyed being with her. Annette was an joy to meet and get to know. I felt like I connected with the girls and I really, really enjoyed myself. Below are pictures I stole for Annette's Facebook to share with my readers.
 |
| Annette being amazing! |
 |
| Sam conqueing the boulder! |
 |
| And me struggling with my easy problem, but I did it! |
 |
| Annette said we looked like climbing models...I think I agree! |
Well that about sums up my life this summer, oh and I have continued to work full time! I've continued to watch netflix, go to the gym, read, and I have had several lazy Sunday's. So until next time! Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment