Ray of Bright

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

We're Engaged!!!


Yup you read the title correct. After 16 months of dating he finally asked!!!! We are both very excited! I will admit it wasn't really how I had imagined my engagement would happen, but I am still happy and excited. We picked out the ring together, but that in and of itself was such a process and I'm glad we found a ring that we both liked. We did find a gorgeous ring, but it was out of our budget. The ring we found was perfect. We didn't go into debt, its sparkly, its unique and I love it! Brandon and I have been talking about getting married eventually for a very, very long time. It wasn't until recently that we started making plans and picking dates. So basically we were engaged before we even bought the ring, that part was just a formality......a formality that I insisted on of course.

He wasn't overly romantic or do something spectacular, but what he did do was sincere, sweet, and totally unexpected! It was sometime Saturday afternoon we had bought the ring and he had it, but I didn't give it any thought. I knew Brandon would ask when he was ready. I was busying myself with laundry and cleaning and Brandon was on his computer at the table. I was passing him when we asked me to come here. Of course I went. He grabbed me and pulled me close and said very quietly....in fact it was almost as if he was nervous....."Will you marry me?" I pulled back and looked at him like really?
I then said "You're serious?"
Brandon "No, I'm joking."
Me "Oh. Well fine. That was rude."
Brandon " No I'm not joking. I was totally serious. Will you marry me?"
Me "Yes! Of course!"
He then put my gorgeous ring on......and that was that. We kissed....a couple of times.....I may have squealed a little because I was excited. I then proceeded to look at my ring all day long. We went to the movies, went to dinner.....and I was constantly looking at my gorgeous ring. I couldn't believe it! I was really engaged. If you would have told me two years ago that I would be engaged I would have laughed at you. But life is never as you really expect it to be.
My amazing ring! 

Another picture. Like I said I keep looking and admiring it. I'm like a child with a new toy!
We are planning on eloping. I have never wanted a wedding. Ever. I want nothing to do with stress, drama, and money. We have discussed our options, and this is something we both want to do. Our parents are supportive of our choice. We have picked the date we plan on running away on....but I'll share that AFTER it happens. We have decided that we would like to have an open house January 5, 2013 here is St. George. Anyway I've got to get back to work, but I knew I had to update my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm so happy for you Tasia! Your ring really is gorgeous! I couldn't stop looking at mine after I got engaged too. And I love the idea of you and him running off and getting married in your own private way. It sounds really nice, actually!

    ReplyDelete